Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pride and Prejudice: Movie Review

I can much say that this movie is a reflection of some families here in the Philippines, though for this movie, it was during some old era of English people, but here in the Philippines those practices are still being practiced nowadays, but in a modern way, like the typical online dating to get some rich foreigner to financially support them, but I would like to clear that not all of them does that 'coz some of them are true love as they say.

Well too much for that, I liked the movie, the scenes really looked like it was way back some decades ago, the culture before was truly observed, like how they use dancing as a way of socialization,

I don't if I am being too biased about the movie because of Keira Knigthley 'coz I like her as an actress, she's one of my favorite actresses alongside with Jeniffer Aniston, Sandra Bullock, and Angelina Jolie.

But in terms of technicality, I believe that is done superbly, the garments they used was extravagant, it was pleasing to the eyes, the whole setting of the movie was rightfully put in place, it set the mood of the viewers. What pumps into my mind as I watch the movie, is the way they set everything in the movie just like the Pirates of the Caribbean where they successfully portrayed the true setting of the movie where people would think that they are part of it.

In terms of the story, it's kinda funny how the Bennet family reacts when they hear about some rich man coming to their place, they really dress well, they treat men with utmost welcome, but what hit me most is when Keira did not accept the proposal of the rich guy, which I say is a good mannered-man, accepting the proposal would have saved her family from losing their house.

I think that was the turning point of the movie, when someone of the five sisters refused to do what they always dreamed of. It shattered the tradition of the family, it divided their parents, the mother was very mad at Keira while her father tries to understand her decision.

But what I liked the most when some richer man, who apparently is a friend of the guy that Keira rejected, but Mr. Darcy is ill-mannered, does not have a social life (i shall say), and prejudges everybody so easily.

I like the way the movie took that pride away by using love, I believe that Mr. Darcy never thought in his whole life to be in love with a girl who is a class lower than his. Though I'm not a fan of fancy love scenes but I'm fascinated by the way love conquered their differences, in an era with such traditions, it is truly rare to find such stories.

These are the type of movies that Filipinos love so much, some poor girl falling in love for a rich guy, and vice versa.

These are the type of movies that strengthens women fantasies about love. And sometimes fantasies turn into reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment